Thursday, April 14, 2011

Struggling to find focus

I love to take pictures.  I love to work with my clients.  I love to capture a moment in time that will impact someone.

Because of these things...I say yes.  I say yes to everything.  I have spent the last three years accepting any job that I have been blessed with.  I am so thankful for each and every one of my clients. 

I have learned a lot over the last year.  The biggest lesson i have learned is that it is important to enjoy what I love to do.  I want to rush home from a session and be excited to get it off the camera because I am so in love with how the session went.

I want it all.  I want to be the best.  I want to rule the world.  I want to be a supermodel/rockstar/famous photographer/the best wife/ and the best mom. 

.... I can't.  I can't continue to say yes to everything and still be great.

So, some changes are coming.  The types of sessions will be streamlined and not cover every type out there.  Deep conversations have to be had with my partner in MPC and LIFE.  Prayers have to be prayed.  I need to focus on what brings me the most joy and what I feel I can give all I've got to it to make the most impact.

No, this isn't a fun blog post...but how about a fun picture to end it with.  I squishy heart love him!

click on the image to see a larger version

xoxo
Brooke

No comments: