Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Inspired

Can you feel the love in the air?  Can you feel how happiness is all around?  No...well move around a little.  It's there!  I promise!  Sometimes, we just need to change our surroundings a little to remember how loved and how blessed we truly are.

It is so very easy to fall into a pit of worry and sadness and start feeling overwhelmed.  For me...I get very overwhelmed by the business of photography.  It is incredibly hard to see so many others who are so very successful and know that in reality...I have only a fraction of the business they have.  It's overwhelming some days to wonder if it is truly going to "happen" for me.  Will I be able to take this business and grow it and become what the world considers successful?

Sometimes, you have to change your surroundings and your ways of thinking.  For me, I have to step back and realize that while I am not as busy as I would like to be I have grown my business each year.  I have made relationships that have grown me as a photographer as well as a person.  I know that one day, I will look back and be completely blown away by what I have accomplished.

So...can you feel the love?  Can you feel the truly amazing things that are in your life and pushing you to be a better person? 

A couple of years ago I came across a woman who truly inspired me to use photography in a way that wasn't about "me".  Sometimes when we are so focused on how can I grow my business or how can I make more money...we forget that we have the power and ability to truly affect someone else's life.

Kristen Weaver started a project called Images For A Cure two years ago.  I was one of the original photographers that participated.  It was shortly after I decided that I wanted MaddiePie Creations to be my own little business.  This year I was not able to participate due to some personal medical issues - however, it has been amazing to watch the things that she has accomplished since starting this project.  Kristen inspires me to remember that I have the ability to truly change someone's life with a simple thing like a picture. 

I have the ability to capture a moment in time that might otherwise be forgotten.


So take a few moments today and think about how truly loved you are.  I know one thing...if you are reading this...you are loved by me!


Much Love
Brooke

http://www.maddiepiecreations.com/

No comments: