Wednesday, February 2, 2011

52 Week Project - Week 4 {COLD}

So here's a funny little fact about me...tell me I HAVE to do something, and I will immediately go into a weird mode that my brain refuses to do anything remotely related to what i am supposed to be doing.  I am probably one of the worlds worst procrastinators...notice there is no week 2 or 3.  What can I say?  Absolutely nothing. 

However, I'm picking back up with week 4...a day late.  Really, there is no excuse.  My brain has a minor malfunction.

This week's project was COLD.  There is a crazy winter storm that has affected over 1/2 of the US.  My hometown (Tulsa) received 21 inches of snow this week.  Texas...we received probably an inch of ice and a dusting of snow.  So everything is shut down which has caused me to go into MAJOR hibernation mode. My kids are now going on there 3rd day of no school. 

The air is so cold and the wind is blowing so hard, it is truly painful to be outside.  My kids...know nothing different that it is time to go outside and play. Why?  Because it's a snow day...duh!

So my entry for cold is my daughter as she is bundled up inside a blanket.  What you can't see is that she also has on: leggings, a pair of socks, a pair of jeans, a tshirt, a sweatshirt, a coat, gloves, scarf and a hat underneath the hood of her coat.  And then after all of that...she complained because her hands hurt from the cold.


And then she asked if she could go back outside 30 minutes later.

Don't forget to check out Dana's blog and the contest.  Maybe there will be others that are a little more on top of things than I am.

Much Love
Brooke

No comments: