Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Shooting on Location - Where should we go?

One day I will have my own fancy loft style studio, located next to a fabulous park and garden and location will never be an issue.

however...this is today and for now, I shoot on location.

What does this mean?

This means that your session will occur outdoors at a location of your choice.  I always encourage my clients to choose a location that is significant to them.  It could be your backyard, it could be your parents farm house, maybe the local park where you got engaged.  Regardless, I want the location to feel special to you.  If I say "hey, let's go shoot down at the stockyards" and you are a very chic city girl...that is not going to be the best option for you.


Choose a location that is unique and fun and something that fits your style.


For me...the perfect location is an open field with nothing but overgrown grass and a bright blue sky.

For you...maybe it's super funky and urban.



So what happens when you just can't think of anywhere to go?  Well first of all, i'm not sure I buy that.  However, for arguments sake...we'll go with that. In that case, I have a list of my "go-to" locations that I will provide to you.

Just remember, the purpose of your pictures is to remember this point in time, this chapter in your story, so let's make it fabulous and find the PERFECT setting to tell your story.


xoxo
Brooke
817-564-3068



No comments: