Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Inspiration Through Art {Cayden}


If you have followed me over the last couple of years, you already know that I am a part of an amazing organization called Inspiration Through Art.  I have the honor to be amongst some fabulous photographers in this group that use our art to give families a little extra love.


"Our mission at Inspiration Through Art is to help provide and capture memories for families who are dealing with hectic schedules due to having a child who is suffering from a serious illness or life altering disability. We are here to offer emotional support through the beauty and expression art has to offer, as a way of healing and coping. We understand that in the midst of being thrown a diagnosis and having to switch from a “normal” life to a life that is totally different, and often scary, things like getting photos taken is sometimes a huge challenge and is one of the last things families are thinking about. But when everything is done, and either the child has reached the end of their battle, or has proven the odds against it many wish they had more time to stop, and capture the journey that they lived through for so long."




A few months ago I was contacted by Cayden's mom.  She had applied to ITA and had chosen me to be her photographer.  I am so glad she did.  I fell in love with all the sweet faces staring back at me when I met them this past weekend.




Cayden and his brother DJ have both been diagnosed with diabetes.  Cayden actually has an insulin pump, he looked at me a little funny when I asked to see it. I think these kids are so brave to deal with the circumstances that they have been given, all while having the biggest, brightest, sometimes toothless, smiles on their face.




 



Here is a little of how mom described her sweet kiddos.
"Landon is the oldest and my first, he is smart kid and always concerned about his little brother. He LOVES legos! Cayden is my baby and is my little hero. He is brave, strong, and very much all boy. He loves anything country. DJ is my step son, he is a few months younger then Landon, he was recently diagnosed with diabetes as well. He likes to talk. Kailey is my step daughter, she is very much a drama queen and princess. She seriously thinks the world revolves around her."







Uh...mom, she is the only girl surrounded by 3 brothers...it IS all about her :)


Thank you so much for choosing me to photograph your family.  Your children are amazing and together you have such a strong family.


Much Love
Brooke



If you know of a child or family that is suffering from a serious illness or life altering ability - I encourage you to check out the Inspiration Through Art website. There are so many wonderful photographers that are a part of this group - choose one that is right for your family. Let us love you!







MaddiePie Creations
817-564-3068














No comments: