Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Inspired: Dana Suggs

I met Dana on Facebook thru ...well, I don't really know how we were connected.  She was a photograher in Tulsa.  She knew a friend of mine, somehow she knew my sister in law, and she took beautiful pictures.

A few months later, I heard about this fantastic workshop in Tulsa...so I stalked them and found out they were giving away free seats to a workshop.  I knew Dana wanted to go..so without ever having talked to her before, i found her phone number, told her quickly who i was and how to get a free seat...and prayed she would get one before they ended the contest.

She did.

We met.  We laughed. We learned. We became friends.

Fast forward a few months, I was headed back home and told her I would be in town and would love to catch up.  She had a twin newborn session scheduled and offered, so kindly, to let me tag along.

She is amazig like that.

We laughed. We worked hard. We learned. We became even better friends.

We don't talk too often, but we really don't need to.  We are there for each other in our artistic/nonbusiness melt downs... There for each other to vent.  Happy to brag to each other about our accomplishments. Proud of each other at all times.


This year, Dana was given a new project.  She and her family felt led to be foster parents.  They have been blessed with 3 children.  Read this blog post to hear the amazing story about how their sweet family grew so suddently. From Chaos to Grace: God's sense of humor

I am so very proud of her.  She is such a remarkable woman and these 3 little children are so incredibly blessed to have her loving them every day and every moment.

Dana posted a few weeks ago she was going on vacation...uh jealous!!!  They were going to Florida to the beach - oh how I love the beach.  I was so excited for her.  They had some obstacles to overcome with the foster children, but they got the details worked out. 

She posted pictures. She facebooked. I got to live vicariously through her facebook and her status updates.  Then one day I was checking my Facebook, and something was wrong. Something had happened to the baby. 

Prayers were said all around the world.

I finally got through the blog post that she wrote taking us through each moment and each heartbreaking minute. Here is my disclaimer: it is heartbreaking.  However, the end result is good and positive.  Just brace yourself.


Dana continues to face the struggles and joys of fostering.  I cannot imagine the turmoil she faces every day.  I cannot imagine how good it feels in her heart with each and every positive step forward.


Dana, you are amazing and I just know that wonderful things are in store for you and your family....of 8.


Much Love
Brooke



No comments: